Please do not upgrade a running cluster to v1.1.0 if the cluster has the following configuration:
- The harvester-mgmt network contains two or more network interfaces.
- name: ens5
- name: ens6
- Defining a cluster_network in the configuration file with harvester-mgmt network:
Starting from version v1.1.0, Harvester brings in the new VLAN enhancement feature. Due to the implementation changes, all user VMs must shut down during an upgrade. Please stop the VMs before an upgrade.
Once there is an upgradable version, the Harvester GUI Dashboard page will show an upgrade button. For more details, please refer to start an upgrade.
For the air-gap env upgrade, please refer to prepare an air-gapped upgrade.
1. An upgrade is stuck when pre-draining a node
Starting from v1.1.0, Harvester will wait for all volumes to become healthy (when node counts >= 3) before upgrading a node. Generally, users can check volumes' health if an upgrade is stuck in the "pre-draining" state.
Visit "Access Embedded Longhorn" to see how to access the embedded Longhorn GUI.
2. An upgrade is stuck after a node is pre-drained
An upgrade is stuck, as shown in the screenshot below:
- Related issue:
3. The monitor dashboard displays nothing after an upgrade
After an upgrade, the user might see the embedded Grafana dashboard doesn't work: